Re-announcement of Expression of Interest (EOI)
April 24th, 2019
Bhutan Media Foundation is pleased to re-announce the invitation of Expression of Interest (EOI) for the development of three Media Literacy Training Modules, one each for basic, intermediate, and advanced levels. Qualified individuals or firms may submit their EOI along with a financial bid to Executive Director before 2 pm, 6 May 2019. The EOI should be accompanied by the following documents:
- Financial bid
- Module development framework for each module
- CVs of the proposed consultants
TOR for the job
Media literacy is the ability of people to access, analyze, evaluate, interpret, and create information in various forms. The Bhutanese people are not able to keep pace with the rapid growth of all forms of media. The development of three media literacy-training modules is aimed at creating a critical mass of media literate individuals at different levels who will contribute to the constructive use of the media for democratic engagement and communal harmony. The consultant(s) must be guided by the following TOR.
- The three Media Literacy Training Modules are for three days of training.
- The Modules are meant to be used in Bhutan. Therefore, they should capture and address the challenges and opportunities related to media production and consumption in Bhutan.
- Basic Media Literacy Training Module is meant for rural communities typically comprising illiterate or semi-literate populations. The content and delivery of the Module should be suitably tailored for their context and understanding.
- Intermediate Media Literacy Training Module is meant for high school and college students typically experimenting with all forms of media. The content and delivery of the Module should be suitably tailored for their context and understanding.
- Advanced Media Literacy Training Module is meant for working professionals, including parliamentarians, who typically produce and consume media contents without desired levels of sophistication and skills. The content and delivery of the Module should be suitably tailored for their context and understanding.
- The Modules should capture traditional media as well as social media.
- The Modules should contain both theoretical and practical exercises for maximum audience engagement with examples and case studies from Bhutan.
- The Modules should treat prospective trainees as active consumers, creators, and interpreters of media rather than passive consumers.
For detailed procurement TOR, please visit our website here http://www.bmf.bt/resources/download-forms/
Please send your EOI to Bhutan Media Foundation, P.O. Box: 1655, Dungkhor Lam, Thimphu, Bhutan.
Email it to Programme Officer Sonam Tshomo at firstname.lastname@example.org
call her at +975 2 331705 /331709 (extension number: 23)
The development of Media Literacy Training Modules is part of the project titled ‘Inclusive Media Literacy for Democratic Empowerment’ supported by: